top of page
WHERE OUR WINES COME FROM
Champagne Piper Heidsieck
The PIPER-HEIDSIECK Maison was founded by Florens-Louis Heidsieck in 1785 and is one of the 10 oldest Maisons de champagne. It has outlived eras and governments, survived wars, dreadful harvests and the vagaries of winemaking, while remaining a family business. This extraordinary resilience, demonstrated for more than 200 years by families with determination, has made it an exceptional Maison. The PIPER-HEIDSIECK Maison owns precious wine-growing land from the Montagne de Reims to the Côte des Bar. However, the majority of the hundred growths used for the blending of its signature cuvée, a full bodied wine, come from growths carefully chosen from those most representative of the diversity grown in Champagne.
One person has influenced much of the current wine reputation of France’s Loire Valley: Patrick de Ladoucette. Having taken over his family’s wine operations in 1972 at the young age of twenty, Baron de Ladoucette’s energy and vision have helped to elevate the quality and prestige of PouillyFumé, Sancerre and Vouvray, worldwide. The company owns over 200 acres of prime vineyards in these appellations and, in addition, contracts fruit from growers that meet the Baron’s strict criterions. This combination helps de Ladoucette meet the great demand for his wines, and makes him one of the most influential winemakers in the Loire Valley.The key to any de Ladoucette wine is quality – in the vineyard, the winery and the bottle
Chateau De La Bouyere
Situated on a hillside where the soils are clay and limestone sits Queyrens family, owned Chateau de la Bouyere for more than a century. They preserved the knowledge acquired by the generations before them. This vineyard is located at the top of Donzac, 45 km in the south of Bordeaux. Grape production, winemaking and aging all take place on the family estate.
The prestige of The Greppo dates back to the 19th Century, with the great wine culture of the family that owned this Estate, whose terroir has an extraordinary vocation for Sangiovese. Clemente began making wine using 100% Sangiovese and passed his wine knowledge to his nephew Ferruccio Biondi Santi, who, after the phyloxera came in the second half of ‘800, isolated a clone of Sangiovese that gave birth to wines of extraordinary longevity. In 1888, Ferruccio produced the first bottle of Brunello di Montalcino.
Il Molino di Grace
The winery is named after a 19th century historic windmill located on the property near the cantina. However, the viticultural history of the property is much older: the vineyards at Il Molino di Grace have been fruitful for over 350 years. When Frank Grace first purchased the property in 1995, there was no winery: all the grapes were sold to local producers. Using the site of a ruined barn, Grace, together with winery manager Gerhard Hirmer, designed and built a state of the art winery. The winery opened its doors in 1999 and today, all of our wines are estate produced and bottled using organic materials and sustainable practices in both the vineyard and cantina.
R. López de Heredia Viña Tondonia
Since 1877, four generations of the López de Heredia family have devoted themselves to producing exceptional and unique wines. Masterpieces have achieved that which the founder of the company, Rafael López de Heredia y Landeta, defined in the late nineteenth century as the "Supreme Rioja". Around 1877 he began the design and construction of the complex that is today known as the López de Heredia bodega (winery), the oldest in Haro and one of the first three houses in the Rioja region.
It was in 1998 that a group of businessmen related to the world of wine decided to create a new winery. This new bodega emerges with the idea of producing quality wines at a reasonable price. At first the bodega is settled to produce reserva wines and gran reserva wines, since reserva is the wine that traditional winemakers used to keep for their best visits. Located in Fuenmayor Rioja Alta, Bodegas Altanza was built in a 35.000 m2 area leaving 10.000 m2 for a magnificent French garden. Its goal has always been and is to offer quality wine at a reasonable price, combining the best of the tradition inherent to a world renowned wine region with all the possibilities technology offers now: the goal is to make the most of a characteristic grape like the Tempranillo.
In 1980, Geoff Hardy left the then family company, Thomas Hardy & Sons, to make his own way in the Australian wine world. The same year, he established Pertaringa and since then the Pertaringa vineyards in the foothills behind McLaren Vale have continued to produce some of the region's finest wines. The soils are enriched from the hills above and the cooler climate, further tempered by the sea breezes off St Vincent's Gulf, sets the scene for high quality wine grapes.
Back in 1986, David and Mark Mason, with friend and winemaker Tony Bish, began with a simple philosophy of making more wine than they could drink, and sharing the rest. They had the perfect place to make it happen, under the shade of Puketapu (sacred hill), along the white, volcanic cliffs and river land gravels of the Dartmoor Valley in Hawke’s Bay. They were precious days by the river with friends, family and food.
Co-founded by Dan and Margaret Duckhorn in 1976, Duckhorn Vineyards has spent forty years establishing itself as one of North America’s premier producers of Napa Valley wines. From its modest inaugural vintage of 800 cases of Cabernet Sauvignon and 800 cases of Merlot in 1978, to its addition of Sauvignon Blanc in 1982, Duckhorn Vineyards has crafted a tradition of quality and excellence that continues today.
bottom of page